On an annual basis, we select TWO special young women of color for travel to an African country with both of the organization’s founders. All program costs are covered, including flights, ground transportation, lodging/hotel, meals, activities, and passports.
In other words, if you are accepted into the program, you can go to Africa for FREE!
Each trip will include opportunities to take in world wonders, wildlife, museums, and experiences interacting with local people. Our trip will bring stale textbook history lessons with limited perspectives to life while allowing for a lot of fun! We hope the experience will make you learn, laugh, and grow.
Facts about our trips
● Destinations and trip dates will be published on our website no later than February 1 of the new year.
● Each trip will last 5 to 7 days.
● African countries and locations may vary.
● Our research-based Itinerary will be finalized and shared with participants no later than 60 days prior to departure.
● Travelers will have the potential to interact with tribes, witness local customs and traditions, and experience rigorous athletic activities like boating, swimming, hiking etc.
●Expenses covered include flights, ground transportation, activities included on program itinerary, meals and drinks, and passport fees (if needed). Other items not specified are not included.
● Each participant will receive a photo album within 60 days of the trip.
To qualify for participation, a young woman must be a student between the ages of 15-20 years old. She must be of African descent, a U.S. citizen, and have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
There are no income restrictions -- young women from economically disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Our application for summer 2022 is not yet available.